A co-op workshop for techies, tinkerers, and free thinkers.
Our space is a private and secure work space where creativity and ingenuity may reach critical levels. This reaction chamber holds 2400 sq ft of space to share. Within our containment walls holds a lounge and media space; a fabrication corner with 3D printers, laser cutter and vinyl cutter all ready to bring ideas to the real world; an electronics lab with a soldering station; an assembly area with member storage where we gather to collaborate on our ideas; arcade game machines of endless entertainment; and a workshop fully equiped with all the tools that just don't fit in a one bedroom apartment. At the core of the space is the community, who are constantly working and improving on our space - with your help we can do even more!
• Overall Layout
• Lounge and Kitchenette
• Meeting and Media Hall
• Fabrication Corner
• Electronic Lab
• Assembly Center and Member Storage
• Tool and Space Storage
Currently we have many projects underway to improve our space. Please check out what's happening below:
1. Shop - Andy/Darrel - In Progress - Arranged workstations for regular used and removed all floor hazards. Need to arrange janitor corner, bring back in remaining material and items worth keeping, and final orange paint for door wall.
2. Storage Room - Niels/Andy/Travis - In Progress - Shelves are built, organization needing more work (50%), horizontal storage frame built. Need to build curtain wall, get a dust-proof audio box; finish mounting peg boards; install the sink.
3. West Window Covers - Darrel - In Progress - Frames for covers are built. Ready to mount for winterization
4. Lights - Darrel - Planning - Have several remaining lights to mount across the main room to cover the darker areas.
5. Floor - Darrel - Conceptual - Garage floor paint the foyer area and potentially the shop as well. Requires heavy effort of cleaning.
6. Foyer - Niels - In Progress - Finished orange wall paint details, hang up cube walls for pinboards, look into trim around door frames and a door closer, building new countertops for kitchenette and entry.
7. Assembly Area - Niels - In Progress -Redesign floorspace to seperate from the Assembly and lounge areas. Looking to add more shelves for member equipment and storage.
8. Window Curtains - Darrel - Finished - Use new canvas fabric for energy saving curtains on north wall.
9. Fabrication station - Complete - 3D Printers, laser cutter, and vinyl cutter setup for ease of use and shared resourses.
10. Open/Closed Alert - Chris - Near Completed - Switch is in place for tweeting status of the space being opened or closed but deciding if/how it could email the group as well.
11. Security - Darrel/Deech - Additional cameras to add to the space interior. Looking into a coded lock to add to door key-entry.